Rules for caring for the washing machine
Many centuries ago, people washed their clothes in the rivers that were nearby. Over time, basins and pans appeared, and washing began to be carried out in these containers. Today, such a useful and convenient thing as a washing machine has appeared. Nowadays, it has become an integral part of every home. Modern housewives can hardly imagine their life without an automatic machine.
A washing machine facilitates the daily work of women and also saves time for busy men. Probably, everyone will agree that the person who created this attribute of a comfortable life needs to erect a monument. But you need to know the basic rules for caring for a washing machine so that your assistant always functions efficiently.
You need to understand that no matter how expensive an automatic machine you would buy, you still have to maintain it, of course, if you want it to serve you for many years. So that you do not have to repair it, you need to take proper care of it and observe the rules of hygiene. Do not think that after buying this unit you will not have any problems.
During use, initially small, minor breakdowns can occur, and then larger ones, which will require expensive repairs from the owners. And the failure of the machine is a real disaster, which can catch you at the most inopportune moment. To understand how to clean the washer properly, while not harming it, you need to know why it gets dirty.
It is necessary to determine what means will help correct this problem or even prevent it.
The water that flows in our pipes is completely imperfect. This is due to the quality of the pipes and the water treatment system that occurs at the treatment facilities in your region. It can be quite stiff, smell like chlorine and have different impurities. In addition, when washing, we often use different chemicals that adversely affect the liquid. And all this is gradually damaging our typewriter.
But before you start any action, you need to find out why pollution occurs and how to properly eliminate them, and also read the operating instructions to know all the features of your equipment.
Simple maintenance rules can save your budget:
- Some machine models have a special indicator that indicates whether service is needed.
- Further in the instruction manual, you should clarify what type of heating element you are, the engine (which rotates the drum), the internal tube system, the powder loading compartment, and whether or not your machine has a dryer.
- Next you need to find out if you have a filter. If it is, then find out whether it is built-in or external, and whether you also have access to it. Determine which electronics can deteriorate during operation.
- When buying a machine, it is advisable to purchase special tests that will indicate what quality the water is in your pipes and whether to use any additional products during washing that will help to avoid active pollution.
It must be remembered that the machine of each manufacturer has its own characteristics. If you are not sure that you can clean it yourself, then use qualified help.
Before you put your things in the drum, be sure to check if there are any things in your pockets. Some washers have wide hoses for water outlet, because of which foreign objects can get into the system itself. Do not forget that while you are cleaning your machine, it should be disconnected from the network. This is the most important condition.
The cleaning procedure can be affected by such characteristics of the device as:
- whether it is built-in;
- whether it has a dryer;
- what type of laundry load is (vertical or frontal);
- maximum washing temperature;
- the presence of a water purification filter (and, accordingly, what quality);
- hatch gum quality;
- Do you leave it open after washing.
Some types of washing machines may fail even if the exhaust filter is clogged. You may consider this a serious breakdown, but you are actually able to deal with it yourself.
There are masters who like to make money on such types of “breakdowns”, since users are not aware of them.
What pollution are there?
When you have identified the main features of your washing machine, you need to know what pollution is and what it causes. To do this, you better determine the layout of your washing machine, having studied what it consists of. To do this, it is recommended to see the diagram of this technique in the instructions. For some types of cleaning this is not necessary to know.
If you feel an unpleasant odor, it is necessary to start cleaning all the internal parts of this type of household appliances. There are three main causes of pollution:
- Water quality, namely the level of its hardness.
- Use an unsuitable or too active detergent that is not suitable for the type of wash you have chosen.
- Using the machine at maximum speeds.
But you also need to consider whether you sometimes wipe the machine. The appearance of a precipitate from a soap substance, as a result of which decay begins, must be carefully monitored. Even ordinary smudges on a typewriter can cause serious damage, because most of the corners where various garbage is collected are inaccessible. Take into account that it is dangerous to stick sharp objects there. But you do not need to put up with this state of affairs, as this will certainly lead to damage to the machine. You need to know how to clean inaccessible corners from black mold and other contaminants into which hands cannot pass.
Pollution happens in the form of:
- extraneous things.
Water with metal elements is saturated with magnesium and calcium. When these substances are heated, carbon dioxide and a solid precipitate are formed, which, when combined with rust elements, settle on the electric heater and the drum of the device. As a result, the time required for heating the water increases and, accordingly, the energy consumption for one wash increases. Further, you will notice that the intake valve, and especially the filter, has worn out, as they wear out first.
The greatest amount of pollution appears after repair work or shutdown of water.
The degree of pollution of ten can be determined quite simply. Most often, it is located under the rotational element or is mounted with a shift in one of the sides. You can take a flashlight and just shine it inside the machine, while moving the drum with your hand. This way you can see ten.
You should perform this procedure once every two months.to find out the level of scale that has covered the heating element. Ten looks like a spiral, similar to the one that is installed in electric kettles.
If you notice that the water does not heat up at all, you should contact the master. Perhaps he will advise replacing this part.
Contamination is also possible due to which an unpleasant odor arises. They can be found between the rubber bands of the hatch. Moisture remains after washing, resulting in mold. Therefore, it is very important to wipe the rubber of the sealant after each wash.
After 2-3 washings, the tray is also contaminated. There is no need to clean it with detergents, since you already use them enough during the wash itself. It is very difficult to wash out the remains of the powder, and in the future, real mountains of this substance will form in the tray. Next, you will learn how to clean the detergent tray. But do not forget to read the instructions for your car.
The drum is also contaminated. A plaque forms on it and particles of clothing remain. On your typewriter, both an inlet and a waste filter can be installed. They also need to be cleaned so that they do not have to be changed all the time, since it is the filter that protects the main mechanisms of your unit from breakage. It is not so easy to clean the drain hose (it is contaminated with soapy deposits and villi). Sometimes for cleaning it may be necessary to completely disassemble the washer, and sometimes it will be enough to take a wire, at the end of which a brush is attached.
So, you have learned about all the possible pollution and why they arise. Indeed, some pollution cannot be avoided, but the rest can be quite successfully prevented.
How to wash?
The modern market is filled with special means for cleaning washing machines. There are even those that prevent pollution. But it is expensive and not always effective.
Most likely, in your kitchen there are components of folk recipes that will help you get rid of garbage that has flooded your equipment:
- Thanks to soda, you can get rid of and prevent mold on the machine’s parts. The best option is to clean it once a week. This must be done regularly.
- Acetic essence, due to which delicious dishes are prepared, can also serve as a good cleaner. It is able to clean all the hidden components of the machine from pollution. To do this, pour vinegar essence into the inside of the drum. In no case should you wash your clothes and use other kinds of detergents (an unpleasant reaction can occur). With this type of cleaning, acetic acid will do everything for you, you just need to turn on long-term washing at maximum temperature. The higher the degrees, the more efficient the cleaning. Do not worry, acid will not harm the internal parts of the machine.
- The limonka is able to eliminate mold, unpleasant odor, dirt residues, as well as light plaque. Pour this product into the tray and choose a long wash with a temperature of at least 60 degrees. You will need at least 200 grams of citric acid. As a result, limestone will decay, as well as its detachment. There is no need to wash things during the procedure. They will serve as an obstacle to the action of acid. After the procedure, do not forget to turn on an intensive rinse - this will wash off the remaining lemon. It is worth noting that citric acid corrodes the rubber parts of the equipment, so it is not recommended to resort to this method of cleaning more often than once every 3 months.
- Also bleach can help with lime. You will need a whole glass of whiteness. After washing in the same mode as described above, you should open all the windows in your home so that fresh air enters, as the fumes will adversely affect the body. However, this is the only negative effect of this method.
Industrial cleaning products, such as Calgon. It is used by many people. In household chemical stores, there are other means. For example, "Descaling" but when using it you need to wash without things.
Do not forget to read the instructions on the back of the package and follow it.
There are many ways to clean the washing machine. It all depends on the type of equipment itself and the type of pollution. You can call the master or clean yourself, apply the tools at hand or buy special ones in the store. You have complete freedom of action. But remember that some of your actions can only do harm. It is better not to clean yourself if you need to completely disassemble the machine or disconnect the hoses if you are not confident in your abilities. But washing the machine from below and outside is not so difficult.
The most easy to clean machines with a frontal drum, as there is full access to the heater. Carefully examine where certain components are located in your machine. The exhaust filter is usually located in the lower right corner.
Sometimes it’s enough just to open the cover, and sometimes you need to unscrew it, and then the filter itself. With such actions, it is necessary to prepare a container where you will merge water, otherwise it will spill onto the floor.
Type of equipment
It is not recommended to use improvised cleaning for high-quality Indesit washing machines and if you do not have the opportunity to disconnect the machine from the power supply. When disconnecting the hoses, remember to block the water to prevent flooding.
You can clean the technique with soda:
- Take in equal amounts of soda and water.
- Mix thoroughly to dissolve the soda.
- Next, wet the sponge with this solution and wipe it with all the internal parts. Do not be afraid to wipe and rubber accessories.
- After the procedure, rinse everything with water and wipe dry. Soda will help get rid of mold.
To clean the machine with vinegar, you must perform the following steps:
- Take 2 cups of acid and pour it inside.
- Choose the highest temperature and turn on any mode.
- Let the machine operate for ten minutes, then pause it for an hour. During this time, the acid can dissolve all contaminants. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt the machine itself.
- Next, rinse and turn on another short wash.
- Rinse everything inside with water and wipe dry.
- Wipe the seal and the hatch from the inside. You will see the results immediately!
Citric acid has been used for cleaning irons and teapots for a long time, so do not be afraid to use it when cleaning the machine. If the drum capacity holds 3-4 kilograms, then it is recommended to fill up 60 grams of citric acid:
- Citric acid should be poured into the powder compartment.
- Choose a full cycle wash and a temperature of 60 degrees.
- And after such washing you will only have to wipe the seal
- If you notice that pieces of limescale have flown away, the cleaning is most effective.
Do not forget to drain all the water. Special tools that are recommended to be used during each wash can remain on things, which clearly does not benefit them. Using a lemon is quite safe and cheap, and you won’t need to call a master.
But it is not recommended to pour acid in large quantities and heat water above 90 degrees.
Surfaces and individual parts
The next step is to clean the special tray in which you put detergents. Over time, accumulations of powder may form in it. Before removing it, make sure that there is no washing liquid in it:
- Pull out the tray. There should be a special key in the upper right corner - press it and pull out this device.
- After that, wipe the tray well with a sponge moistened in a solution of soda and water, as well as the inside of the washer in which it was located. Rinse it with water and wipe dry at the end.
- The tray itself should be washed with a special tool or with acetic acid - the main thing is to get rid of plaque.
- After cleaning, install the part in the compartment.
You can also use a toothbrush during brushing.
The next step is to clean the exhaust filter. In the lower right corner is its cover or the panel that needs to be unscrewed, after which you will see the ring and hose:
- First, take a container into which you will drain the remaining water.
- Unscrew the ring. To do this, sometimes you need to use force.
- Clean the filter itself with water and vinegar, try to get out all the dirt.
- You can resort to the help of knitting needles.
- After cleaning, everything must be installed back.
Please note that the outlet hose itself may become clogged. In this case, remove it and clean it inside.
Next, you need to clean the inlet filter. It is located on the back wall.Unscrew the hose through which water enters, while disconnecting the water. Inside you will see a mesh that is clogged with plaque and rust. Take it out and clean the toothbrush from rubbish. After that, water should enter the tank at a higher speed and the pump itself will last longer. See the next video for more details on how to do this.
Use citric acid and vinegar to clean the drum and electric heater. This solution will help get rid of plaque. After applying it, be sure to clean the exhaust filter, and wipe the drum well with a cloth. The rubber cuffs can also be brushed with a toothbrush. There are inaccessible places where sludge is formed. If desired, you can carefully remove the front cover.
In order to find out how things are going inside the machine mechanism, remove the top cover. It rests on two mounts on the back. Unscrew them and remove the cover. Wipe all internal components of the machine with a dry cloth. Do not forget to install everything back.
During operation, do not disconnect any wires yourself.
If the main pollution is mold, then use hydrogen peroxide, which you can get at every pharmacy. It is advisable to buy a three percent solution. Pour it into the spray gun. Dilute it with water in this case does not make sense. Apply this solution in a thick layer to dirty areas. Leave on for ten minutes, and then treat the surface with a rough brush, which will remove all sediment.
You may need to repeat the procedure several times. After that, select the shortest wash cycle to wash away all residues. You can also use peroxide in pill form. In this case, take 10 tablets and soda. Pour their solution into the detergent drawer. Choose the longest cycle with a temperature of 90 degrees.
The dispenser hopper or cuvette must be cleaned at least once a week. Yellowed plastic and sump require cleaning at least once a month. After each wash, wipe with a dry cloth all smudges and sealing gum.
Almost no one knows about the means that you can use to prevent contamination of some parts of the device. Some tips should be used regularly, while others only occasionally. You may need some cash outlay, but it is necessary for the washing machine to serve you for many years.
To avoid the occurrence of scale, you can purchase a special water converter. It contains magnets that hold particles of matter. It can be installed in the hose as well as in the pipeline. It is recommended to install several such filters at once. This will be more useful.
Such a filter removes incoming water from magnesium salt and calcium. These magnets also break down calcite into ions. The result is aragonite. As a result, sediment does not remain on the inside, as well as ten. It is advisable to mount such filters when installing the machine itself, and if this did not succeed immediately, then you must first clean the unit.
The guarantee of such a converter is 50 years, but not everyone will be able to purchase it, since it costs at least $ 30. It would seem cheaper to buy a regular bag for regular use. As a result, the purchase of such bags will cost you even more, because you have to buy them constantly.
Also, sedimentary filters also exist. They extend the life of devices and prevent blockages, because thanks to them, all types of rust and sand settle before reaching the machine.
The higher the temperature of the wash, the large quantities of scale build up, this is due to the poor quality of water in the pipes. The heating element itself can last you several decades, or maybe just a year or two. It depends on the quantity and on the washing modes. The more often you wash your worn laundry, the more lint remains inside the machine. Also, poor-quality powders bring enormous harm.
Never buy funds that you are not sure about because they will quickly destroy your machine.
You save when you buy an automatic machine with several types of filters - magnetic and sedimentary. They remove all unnecessary metals. When washing, select only those modes in which the temperature does not reach the maximum mark.
Calgon contains soda and sodium triphosphate in its composition. But few people know that it can be done at home. It will cost 3 times less than buying Calgon itself. To avoid the appearance of scale, it is recommended to add a little soda ash to the water during washing. It connects well with salts, so that sediment does not form on PETN.
In modern powders, the manufacturer already adds a special emollient, so professionals recommend forgetting a tool such as Calgon.
When cleaning with vinegar, you can add a little whiteness. This will contribute to the activation of two substances. But be sure to follow all necessary precautions.
Try not to turn off the machine while washing. This greatly reduces its service life. Do not leave laundry inside the machine for a long time, as mold may form. Wipe all stains with a rag, and leave the hatch open after a wash cycle.
Do not put off the cleaning for later. Remember that the automatic machine has the property to break down, like other appliances in your apartment. She needs constant care. Sometimes it’s better to wash very old things by hand.
By all means, try to extend the life of your assistant, as her parts or their replacement will cost you a pretty penny.
Call specialists regularly to replace internal mechanisms. Try not to expose the electrical equipment to moisture, make sure that the hoses are securely fastened. Try not to leave the house while washing. If your machine is not grounded, it is not recommended to use it during a thunderstorm, as the engine may burn out.
If you have insects in your home, then they can get inside. In these situations, you should urgently disassemble the machine or call a specialist. Before performing any manipulations, always refer to the user manual.
Buy only parts suitable for your machine. Sharp cleaning is not recommended.
Keep your children safe - keep them away from powders and electronics. Remove all items from the washing machine during operation. Wear gloves when using acid.
These recommendations will help extend the life of the washing machine, as well as save your own health and money.