Sea buckthorn oil for hair
Once upon a time, it was known about the beneficial properties of sea buckthorn oil; it was widely used by beauties for various cosmetic procedures. But in modern times there are many lovers of folk remedies, including they often use sea buckthorn oil for their hair.
Benefits and healing properties
Sea buckthorn is not just considered a unique tool in cosmetology. This berry contains a whole complex of vitamins, which includes such macro- and microelements as B1, B2, B3, K, P, A, E, C, as well as fatty acids, phospholipids, carotenoids, folic acid and much more.
This composition also contains sea buckthorn oil. This has a positive effect on the quality of hair, when applied. It is useful for the skin.
- Excellent remedy for baldness. Stimulates dormant hair follicles, thereby inducing hair growth.
- Heals all kinds of wounds on the dermis of the head.
- Allows you to restore the health of your hair with frequent use of a hair dryer and thermo-forceps, as well as after perming, hair coloring.
- Protects from aggressive environmental influences, be it the sun or frost.
- Reduces itching and redness of the skin.
- Helps to cope with fungal diseases, including dandruff.
- Kills pathogenic microorganisms that can cause various diseases of the scalp.
- Returns shine and strength to curls, eliminates split ends.
- Makes stiff strands softer, makes care and styling easier.
As you can see, this is a great tool to restore, strengthen damaged hair and give it a healthy look and unrivaled radiance.
Features of choice
To decide if sea buckthorn oil is right for you, you need to listen to a few tips.
This product has a bright orange color, and everything around it stains with its pigment. Therefore, it is not recommended for use by blondes and people with a light hair tone, regardless of whether their dyed curls or this is a natural color. Of course, if they do not want to change the color of their hair.
Before use, it is worth checking whether it will cause an allergic reaction when applied to the skin. To do this, drip a few drops of oil on the elbow bend and wait 20-30 minutes. If the skin turns red, itching or other manifestations of skin irritation appear, do not use this product.
Sea buckthorn oil is an excellent remedy for all types of hair from dry to oily. And not only traditional medicine advocates the use of sea buckthorn oil, many products in cosmetology are made on the basis of this useful product.
It can be bought at a cosmetic store or pharmacy. Its price varies from 100 rubles in a regular pharmacy to 1000 rubles. when ordering in an eco-store.
But you can cook it yourself. It is not at all difficult and does not require much effort.
- We collect berries of sea buckthorn, remove all the leaves and stalks. For the manufacture of oil, only high-quality fruits that are not spoiled are suitable.
- Wash well, dry on a towel.
- Squeeze the juice with a juicer. Both manual and electric are suitable here. But it is better if the device is auger. So the juice will be less in contact with oxygen and retain all its beneficial substances. If you don’t have a device, you can squeeze the juice with a mortar, and then strain it through quality gauze.
- Close the juice container with a lid and put in a dark place for 2 weeks.
- After the specified time has elapsed, an oily film forms on top of the juice, which should be removed with a pipette or syringe. The oil is ready.
Do not rush to throw the cake from the squeezed juice. It needs to be dried well, then scroll in a coffee grinder and pour in unrefined olive oil. Leave in a dark place for a month. After this, it is necessary to strain and pour into a dark bottle, in which such a useful product will be stored. This mixture contains a whole complex of two types of oils, so necessary for strong, healthy hair.
Application and recipes
The use of this product is not so simple, and you should be extremely careful so as not to stain your face and clothes. Otherwise, after absorption, it is extremely difficult to wash and wash.
Be sure to use gloves to apply it to your hair in order to avoid staining your skin.
For the use of masks based on sea buckthorn oil, there are several rules for whatever hair they are held.
- The mask must be prepared immediately before use. It is better not to put it in the refrigerator and not to store it for more than 30 minutes. Then the nutrients do not have time to disappear, and your hair will receive maximum nutrition.
- Before applying the mask, you should wash your hair twice to wash off the fat from the scalp and hair, as it will prevent the penetration of the active substances of the mask.
- The mask should be applied to slightly dried, but still moist hair.
- In no case should you overexpose the mixture on your head, much less sleep with it all night. But even a short time use will not bring any benefits. It is necessary to strictly observe the time indicated in the recipe, otherwise you can spoil the hair.
- Before combining sea buckthorn oil with other components, it is worth heating it to 40 degrees. To do this, it is better to use a water bath. Such heating will not allow you to make the temperature too high and maintain a maximum of useful substances, while warm oil is easier to penetrate into the layers of the epidermis and hair.
- If the recipe does not indicate the frequency of the procedures, do not use it more often than once every two weeks.
- Any mask with sea buckthorn oil should be insulated by putting a plastic wrap on the head and wrapping it with a terry towel or woolen shawl.
There are a lot of masks, which include olive oil. The main thing is to clearly choose the one that is right for you.
For oily hair
- 10 ml of sea buckthorn and castor oil are combined, the egg yolk is whipped and gradually introduced into the prepared mixture. The resulting composition is rubbed into the scalp and hair near the roots. Wrapped with a film and a towel, the resulting thermos is heated with a hairdryer. Leaves for 10 minutes, then rinsed off. This mask is suitable for daily application.
- Knead the dough in sea buckthorn oil using mustard powder. The consistency should be like fat sour cream. This composition is distributed to the roots of the hair and left for 15 minutes, pre-insulated. Over time, wash off well. Great for oily seborrhea.
For dry hair
- Mix 20 ml of sea buckthorn oil with one beaten egg. Dimexide and hot water are added in a ratio of 1: 8. The amount of fluid depends on the consistency. As a result, a homogeneous mass should come out, which stretches a little. The composition is applied to the dermis of the head with the help of kitty for hair coloring. Leaves under warm cover for 20 minutes. This mask is ideal for dry brittle hair. It must be carried out once a week for a month. This mask should not be used during pregnancy, it is also contraindicated for problems with the heart, kidneys, in the presence of glaucoma.
- A mixture of castor and sea buckthorn oil 1: 1 is applied from root to tip. Leaves on hair for 30 minutes. Then it is washed off well. In this recipe, instead of castor oil, you can use direct-pressed olive. And to increase the effect, add egg yolk and sour cream in a volume of 20 ml.
- Burdock root, it is necessary to turn into pulp, brew in 0.5 liters of water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. The broth should be filtered and cooled. Mix with 5 tbsp. l sea buckthorn oil. The mixture is well beaten and applied to the roots. Holds no more than 30 minutes. An excellent tool for restoring damaged hair.
Oil without any additives is used for hair loss. It is heated in a water bath to 40 degrees and rubbed into the scalp for 15 minutes, then the head is warmed and left for 1 hour. Then thoroughly rinse off.
A mixture of sea buckthorn oil with olive will be an excellent option for dandruff, itching of the head. This composition is applied to the hair and left for 20 minutes. Then it is washed off.
Sea buckthorn oil is not so easy to wash off with hair. There are two ways to do this.
- Shampoo. To do this, apply the shampoo directly to the oil and distribute along the length of the hair, after which you need to wet your head and foam the shampoo well. The procedure must be performed at least twice. Not always the quality of the wash can be determined on wet hair. To do this, you need to dry your head well with a hairdryer, and then evaluate if there is a greasy shine on the curls, especially on the roots. If necessary, repeat the process from the beginning.
- Rye flour mask. 3 tbsp. l rye flour is diluted in heated water to the consistency of pancake dough, quickly and thoroughly whipped. This mixture is applied to dry hair, from roots to ends. After the mixture is applied, it needs to be foamed. And leave for 5-10 minutes. Next, massage the head and hair again, after which it is good to wash off the entire consistency from the head.
At the end of washing, it is better to use an infusion of herbs or dilute a little apple cider vinegar in warm water. This will facilitate combing and give the curls an extra shine.
Oddly enough, with the help of sea buckthorn oil, you can change the color of your hair. Of course, a radical change will not work, but one or two tones is quite real.
To lighten curls, you need to take in equal proportions sea buckthorn oil, cinnamon, honey and shampoo. Mix well and apply along the entire length of the hair. Warm the mixture and leave for 4-4.5 hours. Rinse the strands well. This composition is easy to apply, does not flow. It will not only help to make the hair a few tones lighter, but it will provide excellent nutrition to your hair.
Another option for lightening strands is a composition with hydrogen peroxide. Everyone knows that this substance spoils very much, hair, dries the ends, gives them a lifeless look. Therefore, it is better to use the following recipe. You need to take 4 tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil, add 3 tablespoons of kefir, 1 spoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide. The mixture is applied for 4-5 hours, then washed off.
To give the hair a golden hue, sea buckthorn oil will also help. To do this, you just need to add 1 tbsp. l cognac.
You can also buy ready-made masks in the store, the main ingredient of which is sea buckthorn oil. For example, a good composition of such a product is presented by Natura Siberica. Of course, it is not completely natural, but in addition to the main ingredient - extracts of sea buckthorn, it contains Siberian maple, cedar, argan, lemongrass. This tool does not require rinsing, it perfectly acts as a thermal protection. A few drops must be distributed from the tips to the roots along the entire length of the hair. This will stop the curling and make the strands more obedient. It can also be used as the main ingredient in masks.
There are many lovers of using this type of mask, and many talk about their real effectiveness. One of the most common manufacturers in perfumery stores is sea buckthorn oil "Granny Agafia's Recipes" and "Mirrolla" recipes. According to those who used them, these are 100% natural products that carry all the properties inherent in sea buckthorn, have a beneficial effect on the hair and the effect that is visible to the naked eye appears from their use.
Using sea buckthorn oil, do not forget that in order not to harm the hair, they still should not be used more often 1-2 times a week. In addition, you do not need to leave the mask for a long time, this does not increase its useful properties. Also, you do not need to use unverified recipes so as not to spoil your curls. And then sea buckthorn oil will give you thick healthy hair that will shine day after day.
How can I use sea buckthorn hair oil, see the next video.